Ideas for Back-to-School Bargains and Money-Making on eBay and Amazon
It may only be mid-August, but that's never too soon for the online marketplaces to start pushing back-to-school merchandise. EBay has an area set up here devoted to back-to-school items, which it touts at up to 70% off.
Your offspring, be they child, tween, or teen, may be picky about the things they wear, but on the other hand, back-to-school can be a great time to both sell your kid's gently used clothing and other school supplies, as well as buy items.
In terms of buying, consider getting bargains on these things:
- musical instruments
- textbooks (these can be found in abundance on Amazon.com as well as eBay).
But consider going through your child's possessions and making extra money by selling items such as these:
- gently-used jeans that have been outgrown
- sports clothing and equipment, such as soccer shin guards and outgrown cleats
- calculators (such as those fancy one needed for calculus; if your kid is going off to college, they may not need it anymore).
- prom dresses that likely got only that one use
- and again, musical instruments! (Did your little darling give up the viola or flute, the way mine eventually did?).
- even Halloween costumes (it's never too early to sell these, and even school theater departments can use some of them).
So consider back-to-school as a time to get bargains online, but also to
de-clutter and make extra money as well. What types of items are you
most likely to buy online for back-to-school? Post a comment here!